UAE and Al Ain maps
Al Ain websites:
Interactive Tourist Map of Al Ain
Other useful websites
Website last updated:
12 November 2008
Website design by
Mark Beech & Marjan Mashkour
OF SOUTHWEST ASIA AND ADJACENT AREAS
ASWA IX - Final Announcement
1. Should you be stopped for any reason in immigration at either Dubai or Abu Dhabi airport, please explain that you are guests of the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage (ADACH), and that you are attending the 9th ASWA conference at the Mercure Hotel Jebel Hafit in Al Ain.
2. The delegates, who will
be arriving from the Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports, please refer to the
file containing respective route maps to Jebel Hafit and the Mercure Hotel.
For more information about the respective airports, see either:
3. If you are taking a taxi from the airport to Al Ain please do the following:
In Abu Dhabi once you walk through to the arrivals area, turn immediately right and you will see a special queue for taxis. If no-one is there simply walk out the nearest door and turn to the right. There should be a line of limousine style taxis waiting in line. They all belong to the company Fast Taxis (tel: +971 2 6220000), or National Taxi (tel: +971 600 535353). Usually one man is standing there with a clipboard co-ordinating the taxis. Just tell him that you want to go to Al Ain (to Mercure Hotel on Jebel Hafit). The fare is a fixed price of 275 DH payable on arrival.
In Dubai the taxi company is called Dubai Transport Corporation (website: http://dtc.dubai.ae/en.portal). You come outside the airport terminal and you should find them. Dubai Transport taxis operate on a meter basis. You may be able to negotiate a fixed price with other taxis operating at the airport.
4. For those delegates who would like to do some sightseeing in Dubai and Abu Dhabi before or after the ASWA conference, please refer to the maps of the cities provided below.
5. Please do bring pull-overs
and warm clothing for the slightly chilly nights up on Jebel Hafit.
6. If you like you can bring modest swim-wear to use in the swimming pool at the Mercure Hotel.
7. It is advisable to have
sun hats, sunglasses and sun-cream protection for the
8. In case of any emergencies
Mark and Marjan
GPS (decimal degrees, WGS84)
Abu Dhabi International Airport
Dubai International Airport
Mercure Hotel Jebel
See also the following maps: